We take the security and privacy of our customers seriously and this policy sets out how we handle information about you and your rights in respect of that information.
What information do we hold and how do we obtain it? Generally we receive information directly from you when you place an order with us to buy our goods. Such information includes your name, address, email address, telephone number and credit card details.
For what purposes do we use your information? We use your information for a number of purposes including: – to perform our contractual obligations to you and to ensure that goods are supplied to you as efficiently as possible – for other non-contractual reasons.
We, or reputable third parties acting on our behalf, may use your information:
To identify and maintain records of your purchases with us
– To ensure that the goods and services we offer to you are appropriate for your needs,
– To respond to any query you may raise with us about our goods,
– To update our systems for providing you with an enhanced service,
For our customers’ protection, we always check a certain percentage of our orders at random to confirm the details of the order match those of the cardholder on file. For this reason, we may ask you for some additional information. This would be a copy of the front and back of the card used to make the purchase, or a copy of a photo ID such as a valid drivers license or passport. We will also require some proof of address along with the copy of the photo ID.
We will also use information about you for purposes upon which the provision of our goods and services are not necessarily dependent. We may:
– Disclose information about you to third party agencies for credit checking purposes (which information may be shared with other organisations for the same purpose)
– Use information about you to inform you (by post email or telephone) about other services we offer or which are offered by other companies within our group or any of the other companies with which we work
– Use information about your account with us for our internal customer service monitoring and training purposes
Please note that disclosures we may make may take place via electronic means and may involve the transfer of personal data relating to you to countries outside the european economic area which countries do not have in place adequate rules relating to data protection and privacy of personal data.
You acknowledge that data you provide to us may be transferred to any person, firm or company to whom we sell the whole or a substantial part of our business or to whom we transfer any of our rights or obligations under a contract with you.
We will endeavour to keep any information which we hold about you up to date and accurate. To help us to do this, please keep us informed if any of your details change.
We will endeavour to protect your data against unauthorised or unlawful use.
We use secure socket layer technology (ssl). This means that when you place orders with us on our secure online ordering system, all of the information is encrypted or scrambled, so that the data you send is an unintelligible string of seemingly random characters. When these characters are received by our web server, the server’s ssl software converts them back into useful information. The same thing happens with data you receive from our server. Your interactions are therefore private.